Sunday, September 26, 2010

The Hardest Mathematical Question...

I have been asking several questions of late. Many of them have no answers, and I do not intend to get on top of them till I get to the bottom of them! Besides, I don't have the luxury of time to do so! There are so many urgent things I need to settle - and soon! This includes AKM101 group and individual work!

I remember reading the book 'The Curious Incident of the Dog in the Night-time' by Mark Haddon. In this book, the protagonist Christpher Boone asks and solves many mathematical questions. One question that was asked, if I remember correctly, was the whereabouts of the worn-off rubber tyres of our cars! It struck me as an interesting question because so many cars travel on the roads every day, everywhere, and tyres do get worn off. Now, where did the minuscule rubber bits go to? In another book I'm reading currently, "A Wrinkle in Time", the author mentioned that there is a fifth dimension called the Tesseract, and that raised several questions in my mind too.

But the question I'm now most concerned with is this: How much tears does one have? Is it an endless, infinite supply? Has anyone ever bottled tears and measure its quantity and rate of flow?

No comments:

Post a Comment